Travel and Leisure rollowedge  

How and where do you get an international drivers license

If you would like a world Driver’s Permit where you’re going or are just looking to avoid some headache if you’re pulled over, here’s what you would like to understand.

There are only two licensed IDP issuers within the US: AAA and AATA. you'll find others online, but you shouldn’t even consider them — they're scams!

Both AAA and AATA offer mail options. All you've got to try to to is mail them the knowledge they have so as to issue your IDP and you’re done! Alternatively, AAA also offers this service at their branch offices.

Either way, here’s an inventory of the documents you would like so as to use for a world Driver’s Permit:

IDP or International Driver’s Permit form, signed (can be downloaded from the AAA or AATA websites)

Two original passport pictures in color taken within the last 6 months

Driver’s license (for the mail option, a photocopy) valid for a minimum of 6 months after the date your IDP is issued

$20 USD permit fee (the fee is that the same for both AAA and AATA)

For more information and therefore the form, you'll inspect the AAA and/or the AATA websites.

Please note that the IDP is valid for one year and only in conjunction together with your original driver’s license. Once the year is over, it’s impossible to easily renew the document and a replacement application must be submitted.

Once you get an international driver’s license, you can drive a car anywhere in the world, you just have to look for a car rental company that accepts the kind of license.

Leave A Comment